Student Ambassador Program
Our Student Ambassadors are exceptional students who are passionate about studying, living, and working in Toowoomba.
By sharing their stories, experiences and involvement with Study Toowoomba, our Student Ambassadors help us to showcase why Toowoomba is the best place to live, learn and launch international student careers.
Ambassador Abantu Harry
Home Country – Botswana, West Africa
Abantu chose Toowoomba after careful research to find a welcoming multicultural community of a similar size to Botswana, which offered a quality course at TAFE for her chosen field of nursing. Important facilities for her were transport, friendly support and a city with beautiful amenities and open spaces.
Ambassador Suved Gadtoula
Home Country – Nepal
Suved is studying a Masters in Cyber Security and chose UniSQ because of its international standing in this course offering, as well as being located in a beautiful regional city with a reputation for student support and a very strong educational community.
Ambassador Hasara Silva
Home Country – Sri Lanka
Choosing Toowoomba allows Hasara not only to confidently study for her Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), but to follow her passion for photography here with so many interesting and vibrant landscapes in the area. She is keen to share and promote her positive experiences with others.
Ambassador Shrinkhala Maharjan
Home Country – Nepal
Choosing Toowoomba to pursue her Bachelor of Nursing, Shrinkala relied on Toowoomba’s reputation for embracing international students both at the University level and within the broader community. Her search for a multicultural and welcoming community with opportunities for her various interests and work has been well placed in Toowoomba.
Ambassador Brahmani Jain
Home Country – India
Brahmani saw Toowoomba as a wonderful opportunity to undertake her Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and to enjoy sharing the highlights of her course, and her chosen city, through her love of writing blogs and promoting its liveability to her online friends and family.
Ambassador Ushan Gunawardhana
Home Country – Sri Lanka
Ushan reached out to others who have experienced study and life in Toowoomba to help formulate the positive reasons for choosing this regional inland city as his base for his Bachelor of Nursing course. Toowoomba offers a range of cityscapes and opportunities to become involved in community groups and events – a positive drawcard in making such an important decision.
Our Ambassadors will be in the role from June to June each year.
Note that the Student Ambassador roles are voluntary. Study Toowoomba will cover all costs for Student Ambassadors to participate in the Program.
Why not apply for next year?
Have I got what it takes to be a Study Toowoomba Student Ambassador?
You might be our next Student Ambassador if you have:
- A genuine passion for studying and living in Toowoomba
- An ability to share your story with the world
- A desire to be more involved in the Toowoomba community
- An active social media presence
- A willingness to step outside your comfort zone and challenge yourself personally and professionally
About the Role
Being a Study Toowoomba Student Ambassador will complement your current studies while contributing to your personal and professional development. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity provides the chance for Student Ambassadors to:
- Build friendships with other international students studying in Toowoomba
- Participate in unique VIP experiences
- Attend events with local and international business people and delegations
- Be part of local community events and activities
- Represent their country and the Toowoomba international student community
- Be recognised for their contribution through receiving a certificate and branded shirt
What would I do as a Study Toowoomba Student Ambassador?
As a Study Toowoomba Student Ambassador you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Participate in activities organised by Study Toowoomba for the Ambassador team.
- Provide 1-2 content pieces per month (content piece to include 2-4 photos and comments/text) for use on the Study Toowoomba social media platforms.
- Create 2 blog pieces during the program for the Study Toowoomba website (300-800 words plus 1-2 photos).
- Tag Study Toowoomba in relevant Facebook and Instagram posts about your experience in Toowoomba as an international student.
Am I eligible to apply?
To be considered as a Student Ambassador you’ll need to:
- Be an international student at a CRICOS registered education institution in Toowoomba
- Be living in Toowoomba
- Be at least 18 years of age on 1 July 2023
How do I apply?
There will be a three-stage selection process for the Study Toowoomba Student Ambassador Program. Your demonstrated professionalism, attitude and commitment throughout the application process will be taken into account.
1. Online application
The online application includes a simple application form and a 300-word sample blog post on “Living my best life in Toowoomba”. You need to submit your online application here by July of this calendar year.
Short-listed applicants will be required to create a short (maximum two-minute) video about themselves and why they chose to study and live in Toowoomba. Videos will need to be submitted by July of this calendar year.
3. Informal chat
The top candidates will be invited to attend an informal chat to confirm their suitability for the role. Up to six students will be selected for the program. The informal chats will be held between 31 July 2023 and 4 August of this calendar year.